Friday, February 10, 2012

Aviator Winging Cakes

I had the honor of making the cakes for this week's winging class at NAS Whiting Field!  This week I made three full sheet cakes (including a monstrous one for a birthday party).  Lots of prep work and late night bake-a-thons have turned me into one tired girl.  Wait, that's an understatement... more like one sleep-deprived, forgot to eat and drink, back-aching, sore handed, sugar coated girl.  Phew!  Saturday is one my one day break before I go back at it again...

Well, anyways, Congrats Wingers!
(my hubby will be one in about a month!)
fondant aviator wings dusted with gold

color flow squadron emblems


the frosting wouldn't crust on this chocolate cake  :(  
but my friend Christina had a good description for it: cookies and cream frosting!
I think we'll go with that description instead of speckled frosting lol


fondant wings before gold dust was brushed on

Color flow!  squadron HT-8

HT-18

HT-28 ... my hubby's in this helicopter squadron

Congrats wingers!





1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I would love to know how you managed to do the wings and the patches. My gunny graduates soon and I would love to do something like this for him!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!