Monday, February 11, 2013

Red Velvet Brownies

  I'm going to be completely honest here and say that I'm not usually a huge fan of brownies.  But these are so good!  Like melt in your mouth, perfect to dunk in almond milk good.


They are simple and quick to make, too!  I recommend using LorAnn's Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion to get that red velvet flavor (and color!)  It helps create that nice light, sweet, red velvet flavor without you having to worry about mixing vinegar with buttermilk and all that jazz.  (And another thing I love about LorAnn's emulsions - they're all gluten free!)   

  These brownies are the perfect dessert to make for your loved one.  The hubs loves brownies and said these are one of the best he's ever had.  So I urge you to share the love.  This recipe is too good to keep to myself - or yourself!  

  Happy early Valentine's Day!



  Red Velvet Brownies adapted from Gluten Free Goddess

ingredients

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 almond flour
1/4 cup rice flour mix
1/4 cup sorghum
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp seat salt
2 eggs
1 Tbsp red velvet emulsion
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

method

1.  Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease 8x8 baking dish or cover with foil.
2.  Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil over low heat.
3.  In large bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
4.  Add wet ingredients and mix well for 2 minutes with hand mixer.
5.  Stir in chopped nuts.
6.  Bake for approximately 30 minutes, let cool, and Enjoy!


Linking up at these Fabulous Parties: Mangia Mondays @ Delightfully Dowling, Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef In Training, Gluten Free Wednesdays @ The Gluten-Free Homemaker, Tasty Thursdays @ Mandatory Mooch

8 comments:

  1. Yummy. Romantic brownies. I think I'd cheat with a small scoop of French vanilla ice cream. Delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you linked up at Chef in Training. Mmm looks great and definitely caught my attention since I have a gluten allergy!
    I would love for you to stop by my blog! And I am following you on facebook now!
    Beth @ The First Year Blog

    https://www.facebook.com/TheFirstYearBlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. These brownies look delicious! I'm into anything heart-shaped right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! Same here with the hearts... and it makes everything look instantly yummier too! :)

      Delete
  4. How fabulous they look!! Yummm!

    Stopping by from Tasty Thursday Hop
    Nonny
    www.notionsfromnonny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Can't wait to make them again...! :)

      Delete
  5. Looks delicious, Michelle. I truly appreciate gluten free recipes too. My hubby and a dear friend both have gluten allergies. I'm pinning this!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays. The next party is live!! http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2013/02/tasty-thursdays-29.html

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!