Let me introduce you to the best biscuit ever... the Buttermilk Biscuit! I paired it with some homemade chili and it was a winning combination. Perfect football game food!
(too bad chili never photographs well... I swear it was incredibly delish and colorful in person!)
|by the way do you like my fabric pumpkin I made?! It's so cute!|
Buttermilk Biscuits adapted from Annalise Roberts
3/4 c rice flour mix (2 parts rice flour, 2/3 part potato starch, 1/3 part tapioca)
1/4 c sweet rice flour
2 tsp sugar (I always use half the amount of sugar in recipes, even my sweet baked goods)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1 Tbs buttermilk powder
1/4 tsp salt
5 Tbs cold butter
1 lg egg white
3 Tbs water
1) Preheat oven 425 F and lightly grease baking sheet.
2) Mix dry ingredients together.
3) Cut butter into dry ingredients until resembles coarse meal.
4) In separate bowl whip egg white with mixer until very very foamy.
5) Add water and flour butter mixture to egg white and mix 1 minute at medium speed.
6) Shape dough into biscuits about 3/4 inch thick and place on baking sheet. Makes about 5 biscuits.
7) Place pan in oven and turn oven temp down to 400 F.
8) Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.