We basically stayed in the heartland of apple orchards so I was so excited to get fresh apples. I miss apple picking back home in Connecticut so much!
|lol here's a funny picture so you can see how large 1/2 a bushel is|
compared to 13 pound Khloe. Poor thing!
So what to do with all these perfect baking apples?! Make some cupcakes for starters!
3/4 cup sugar
1 & 1/2 cups flour mix (1c rice flour, 1/3c potato starch, 1/6c tapioca flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 small apples, peeled & grated
1/2 cup walnuts
12 chewy caramels
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
3) Whisk wet ingredients separately.
4) Mix dry and wet ingredients together with spoon.
5) Fold in grated apple and nuts.
6) Spoon delicious batter into cupcake liners in muffin pan.
7) Place caramel candy into center of each cupcake.
|argh, another sideways picture!|
9) Cool and enjoy with or without frosting!
I opted to go all out and frost mine... I made a small batch of cinnamon buttercream. So amazing.
1/4 cup butter
1 & 1/2 cups powder sugar
1 & 1/2 to 2 tsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Whip it all together with an electric mixer. Simple and fast!
I also want to add these adorable pictures of our babies... we took them on a 8 mile hike while in Georgia and they showed no signs of being tired or wanting to stop. But this is what happened once we got to the car haha!
|"Mom stop taking pictures already!"|