Monday, August 6, 2012

Pink Strawberry Cake Pops

I had the pleasure of creating these adorable strawberry shaped cake pops for a little girl's 1st birthday party!

The pops are made of red velvet cake mixed with cream cheese frosting and dipped in vanilla candy coating.

Wanna know how to make them?  It's simple!  Just takes time.

I simply shaped the cake mixture into pyramid shapes, let them chill, then dipped them in the candy coating and attached the sugar pearls while the coating was still wet {you have to work super fast... food safe tweezers come in handy!}

Lastly, color your gum paste to the desired green color and roll out about 1/16 inch thickness.  Cut out the leaves with a small sized fondant cutter (or cookie cutter), roll out a little ball for the stem and attach with a drop of water.  Let gum paste harden slightly then attach to the pops with a dab of melted candy melt.  Brush with sparkly edible glitter!

I am always so pleased and so happy when my customers love their pops.  It takes a lot of precious time and love to make these! 

here is a picture my customer sent to me... love the labels she made for her daughter's birthday party!


Linking up at these Fabulous Parties:
 Made It By Monday @ Baked in the SouthMade from Scratch Monday @ Living with Food Allergies and Celiac Disease Mangia Mondays @ Delightfully Dowling, Tuesdays Time Out @ Reasons to Skip the Housework Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef in TrainingCrazy Sweet Tuesday @ Crazy for Crust, Gluten Free Wednesdays @ The Gluten-Free HomemakerAllergy Free WednesdaysSweet Treats & Swanky Stuff @ Something SwankyAnything Goes Linky @ Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo 
The Mandatory Mooch

12 comments:

  1. How creative! These are beautiful! And what little girl wouldn't enjoy something like this at her birthday party??? Myself? I don't know that I would have the patients to do this. Maybe once LOL Thanks for sharing this in our linky this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! And yes, it does take a lot of patience... sometime pops can be SO frustrating! But the end result is worth it :)

      Delete
  2. These are so cute and so adorable
    As pink is my favorite color - I'd love these for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Winnie! And yes, pink is the best- it is my favorite color too! :)

      Delete
  3. I am hoping to get a cake pops set for Christmas and I can't wait to have a go!! They seem like so much fun and look so cute!

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Ooh, I bet a pops set is pretty cool! I just wing it haha!

      Delete
  4. These are adorable!! I would love for you to link up to my linky party at The Mandatory Mooch. Still open for another day!!

    http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursdays-3.html

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for linking up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. Hope you will link up again this week. The party just went live at http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursday-4.html
    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!