Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gum Paste & Fondant Class! Part 1

   So far I've gone to two gum paste and fondant Wilton classes.  It was kind of hard to get the hang of it for the first class... it's so different to work with compared to buttercream!     However, after tonight, I can officially say I love working with gum paste and fondant!  The other girl in my class and I could've stayed in Hobby Lobby all night making flowers.  They're so simple to do once you get the hang of it.  Check out my lovely creations below  :-)
The first class we made the bases for our flowers: roses,
carnations, and mums.
My first carnation I made in class tonight!
My two carnations and their bases (the funny looking "hats"
in the bottom of pic).
Calyx of carnation. 
My first rose in class!


Sweet and simply calla lillies.
Oh, and here's my ugly bow I made the first class.  I kind of miscounted
the number of loops so it didn't come out quite right.  Oops!  



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Roses are red, Violets are blue the rose is pretty, but not as pretty as you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!