Thursday, September 8, 2011

Classy Fudge

   I love Giada.  The way she works with food is absolutely amazing!  And she is so adorable.  I love watching her shows!

   My new thing is watching her show while I eat lunch.  Usually it's after I've completed my long morning run (have I told you yet I'm planning on running the Pensacola Half Marathon this November?!?!) and by noon I am ready for a nap!  So what better thing to do than watch Giada prepare savory palate pleasers?!

   Today she made a very simple, classy fudge.  Both hers (and mine) came out velvety smooth and simply delectable.  Go ahead and give it a try... all the ingredients are in your pantry waiting to be used!

                      1 can sweetened condensed milk
                      3 Tbs room temperature butter
                      2 tsp cinnamon
                      1 tsp pure vanilla extract
                      2 & 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate
                      salt


   Heat up an inch or two of water in a medium sized saucepan and place a bowl on top making sure it does not touch the water below.  Add all ingredients in top bowl, except for salt.  
   Stir until completely melted and smooth.  Mmmmm.

   Transfer fudge to a square 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper (this is important, you don't want it to stick!).

   Sprinkle a few pinches of salt on top of warm fudge.  Giada said the salt added a sophisticated touch!
   Cool in fridge for a few hours... this is only the hard part, I promise... waiting... waiting...  

   Cut into bite size pieces and enjoy!
   They're addicting so watch out!  Thank goodness I'm running or we could have quite a problem here in the Belanger household!

   
I'm linking up with:

5 comments:

  1. Deeeeelicious! Yes, sea salt on chocolate is pretty much heaven on earth. And I'm a fan of Giada as well - she knows her stuff. I'm glad I came over from the linky party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fudge looks delish! Enjoy prepping for that half marathon, I grew up in Pensacola.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, this looks sensational! I make fudge at Christmas so I think I will save this recipe and try it, especially since it is a Giada recipe!

    Thanks so much for sharing this!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, this fudge looks amazing and I love reading your blog. You're such an inspiring person!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for stopping by! This was such a simple, quick fudge to make which makes it taste even better in my opinion!

    And thanks Ashley, you are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!