Friday, August 12, 2011

Cake Balls Part 2 & My BFF Meagan!

I am SO thankful I met Meagan a year ago... she has become one of my best friends.  Ever.  Hands down.  She rocks!


She's a Coastie wife like me, so it was amazing to find such a great friend who knows exactly what you're going through.  I think that being a military wife can be so trying at times and Meags is there for me whenever I need advice or simply to lend an ear to my frustrations.  And on top of it all, we have so much fun together!  

I'm so proud of her and her totally awesome hubby Justin who got his wings a month ago... now he's officially a helicopter pilot in Oregon!  However, I really really really wish they didn't have to move.  Beau and I still have about six months left here... what am I to do without my buddy?  Gosh darn, I guess I'll just have to make new friends.  Boo-hoo.  Haha.



Well one of the last activities we did together was make cake balls!  We used the same exact method I described in one of my earlier posts: Did Someone Say Cake Pops!?!  We dipped half the balls in melted bittersweet chocolate and the other half in the white candy melts.  Check out the beautiful patriotic balls simply rolled in red, white, and blue sprinkles!


Ok, so let me be clear that Meags made most of these
gorgeous patriotic treats!  

I got annoyed with the melting chocolate so I decided
to make creatures/ animals/ anime-weird-looking-type things


I still think cake balls are kind of hard... I'm thinking their not quite my thing... but nevertheless, they are so much fun and super yummy to share with your friends and family!  If anyone successfully dips the balls in the melted chocolate and it looks pretty, please share!

Us with our children  :-)  I think we look related here!
Sisters separated at birth?!  haha
Painting!

Lastly, I wanted to share the cake I made for Meagan and Justin... it was a two layer red velvet cake frosted with buttercream frosting.  I just wanted to show them how much I appreciate and value our friendship... and what better way to do that than bake a cake?!!  


FYI Beau and I are totally putting Oregon on our next duty station list...!!!!  Fingers crossed we could possibly be neighbors... ahhhh too exciting to even think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!