Friday, August 26, 2011

Why oh Why a Frazzled Brain?

   As some of you may or may not know, I have been toying with the idea of creating my own home-based bakery complete with decorated cakes.  Unfortunately it is so difficult to find decent jobs out in the real world, and as a military wife that adds to the difficulty.  So Beau and I think that a home-based business (maybe one day a real bakery) is a great goal for me to work towards!


   In an effort to start getting serious (and try to get the most out of my money) I ordered 13 pounds of various flours online from nutsonline.com.  UPS delivered them yesterday!  Now that I have rice flour again... a whole five pounds of it to be exact... I decided to make pizza crusts.  Amazing, crunchy, tasty crusts to be exact!


   However, my silly, dummy, frazzled brain (why is it frazzled, I have nothing to be frazzled over in my life!) messed up the flour proportions.  AND the water measurement!


   Seriously, this happens more than I care to admit.  For some reason, when I have to measure out 3/4 cup liquid, I often fill to 1 and 3/4 cups, which can have disastrous results.  Like this afternoon.  And the flour ratios.  Crap.


   I love Annalise Roberts' flour ratio: 2 parts rice flour, 2/3 parts potato starch, and 1/3 tapioca flour.  BUT I don't have it pre-mixed so I get so messed up measuring the correct amounts! Like today.  I forgot a whole cup of rice flour so I added it in the mix once I realized I messed up.  And then of course I added an extra 1/4 cup water so I added even more rice flour.


   Sheeesh!  Days like this make me wonder if opening up my own bakery is such a good idea!  


   Well I shall let ya'll know if the pizza crust still tastes good... I won't tell Mr. Beau unless it tastes weird haha!  (And no worries, the little turd doesn't read my blog so he won't know.......!)


   So all in all, the moral of this story is to read, double check, and then triple check your ingredient measurements before adding them all together.  A very good habit to get into!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!