Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Banana Energy Muffins

  I think most would agree that traveling is quite tricky when one has to be gluten free or has any food sensitivities.  I hate not being able to cook in my own kitchen.  My own clean kitchen.  Stocked with all my favorite and safe ingredients.
  So I'm learning to plan ahead so I don't starve (or more importantly get cranky).
  I made these yummylicious banana energy muffins a few days before our great big Cali Road Trip.  


  I basically followed All Day I Dream About Food's recipe for Banana Flax Chocolate Chip Muffins.  (click link for exact recipe!)  The only things I changed was I measured a scant 1/4 cup sugar (and omitted the stevia) and used almond milk.

  These muffins were SO good!  They helped get me through the yucky hotel complimentary breakfasts for the first few days.  They froze well and survived multiple travel days within a cooler.  A perfect travel food.  

  The only problem?  They were so tasty they didn't last too long into the road trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!