It's funny that my first post I ever wrote was about Boston's "New" Cream Pie.
Ohmygosh. A little embarrassing? Ah, well I am happy that over the course of a year and a half my posts have gotten a little bit... better? Yes, I believe so...
So let's talk about this little cupcake. It is so easy to make and assemble. And will wow your guests. Or you family. Or... your tummy. Shhh, no worries I won't tell anyone you ate them all.
1 recipe vanilla cake (or 1 box GF Betty Crocker's vanilla cake mix)
1 package instant vanilla pudding
milk (however much your pudding requires, I used the amount needed for a pie filling so it's thicker)
1 tsp rum extract
1 cup heavy cream
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Bake your cupcakes following your recipe (or cake box mix if you're pressed for time!)
2) Prepare the vanilla pudding and add 1 tsp rum extract. Mix well and refrigerate.
3) Make your ganache! Bring the cream to a boil then remove from heat source. Add your chocolate chips, let them sit a moment to soften, then stir smooth.
4) Once cupcakes are cool, scoop a little hole out of the top and add in pudding. Or, I used my handy dandy Wilton Bismarck Tip to "inject" the pudding inside the cupcake. Much less messy.
5) Lastly, dip the top of your cupcake into the smooth ganache and enjoy!