Thursday, June 14, 2012

Triple Lemon Cake

  Two weekends ago we had our first guest over for dinner at our new home.  I roasted huge artichokes in the oven, baked focaccia bread that would make Italians proud, and served a version of my Penne Primavera.
  

But of course, a dinner party is never complete without dessert.  I baked a Triple Lemon Cake complete with fresh lemon buttercream and homemade lemon curd.  To die for.


  I used Annalise Roberts' recipe which she calls "Lemon Layer Cake."  The lemon flavored cake alone was so light and delicate... this cake is going to become a regular in my baking repertoire.    


  I also made some simple yellow Apple Blossoms out of royal icing.  I think they add a simple yet elegant touch!


  I'll gladly make this for whomever visits us first out in California!



1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. I hope we can get a taste of that, even if we're not the 1st to visit...
    Can't be too sweet, can it??
    Love, DAD...x0x0x0

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!